“Help us to stay online by your kind donation.
Every penny will help.”
Storage Space Lease Agreement
AGREEMENT made on [Date] by and between [Name] of [Address], hereinafter referred to as "Lessor", and [Name] of [Address], hereinafter referred to as "Lessee", it is herein agreed as follows:
WHEREAS, Lessor desires to lease to Lessee and Lessee desires to lease from Lessor the premises generally described as: [Description].
1. Lessor hereby leases to Tenant, the premises described above for a term of [Date] beginning [Date] and ending [Date].
2. Tenant agrees to pay the rent herein provided subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
3. Rent shall be payable in equal monthly installments to be paid in advance on the [--] day of each month, to the address of Landlord as stated above or at such other address as Landlord may, from time to time, require.
4. Upon receiving any payment of the rent in cash, Lessor agrees to issue a receipt stating Tenant's name, a description of the premises, the amount of rent paid, the date paid and the period for which rent is paid.
5. Lessor covenants that the leased premises are clean and dry and that there exists no violation of any applicable building code, law or regulation.
6. Tenant agrees to use the premises exclusively for the storage of personal property, merchandise, supplies or other material owned by Tenant and for no other use.
7. Tenant understands and agrees that the use of electricity for food freezers, refrigerators and other appliances is not allowed.
8. Tenant agrees to keep the immediate premises in good order and to advise Lessor or his agent of any needed maintenance or repairs.
9. Tenant shall not store any items outside the storage area nor dispose of any trash outside the storage area other than in containers provided by Lessor.
10. Tenant shall not keep or have in or on the leased premises any article or thing which might be pronounced "hazardous" or "extra hazardous" by any responsible insurance company.
11. Tenant agrees not to commit a nuisance in or upon said premises so as to substantially interfere with the comfort or safety of occupants of adjacent buildings.
12. Lessor is not responsible for any loss or damage due to fire, theft, water, wind, hurricane or any cause whatsoever to the property of Tenant, nor is Lessor required to carry any insurance to cover same.
13. Tenant, at his own expense, shall obtain his own insurance, if any, to the property stored in said premises.
14. Tenant shall not sublease said premises without the written consent of Lessor.
15. Tenant may not make any alterations to the premises without the written consent of Lessor.
16. Tenant agrees to make a security deposit in the amount of [$------] to be used by Lessor at the termination of this lease for the cost of repairs, if any, to the premises caused by the intentional or negligent acts of Tenant.
17. Lessor agrees to return said security deposit to Tenant upon Tenant's vacating the premises in a clean condition subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
18. Lessor shall have the right to enter said premises at any time to inspect same, to make repairs or to enforce this lease.
19. Tenant, at his own expense, may provide a suitable means of locking said premises, giving a key or combination to any locking device to Lessor so that he or his agent may effect entry for any of the purposes enumerated above.
20. Tenant agrees to notify Lessor in writing [--] days in advance of vacating the premises.
21. Tenant agrees that this lease shall be subject and subordinate to any mortgage or mortgages now on said premises, or which Owner of said premises may hereafter at any time elect to place upon said premises.
22. Lessor and Tenant agree that this lease, when filled out and signed, is a binding legal obligation.
23. Lease constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties hereto.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the date first above written.
This Section for Notary:
STATE OF -------)
) ss: [date]
COUNTY OF ------)
On [Date] before me, [Name of Notary], notary, personally appeared [Name of Person(s) Involved], personally known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.
Witness my hand and official seal.
[Name of Notary Public]
My commission expires: [date]