“Help us to stay online by your kind donation.
Every penny will help.”
1. Introduction. I, [name], residing at [address], am the sole owner of Letters Patent No. [number], issued to me on [date] for the following invention: [description]. [Name of company], whose principal offices are at [address], wishes to acquire and exploit all of my right, title, and interest in and to the Letters Patent and the underlying invention.
2. Assignment of Letters Patent. In consideration of the sum of ........ dollars ($........) and other good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is acknowledged, I sell, assign, and transfer to [name of company], its successors and assigns, all of my right, title, and interest in and to the Letters Patent and the underlying invention.
3. Assignment of Reissues or Extensions of Letters Patent. In addition to the assignment of the Letters Patent and the underlying invention, I sell, assign, and transfer to [name of company], all of my right, title, and interest in and to any reissue or extension of the Letters Patent or of any other Letters Patent that may be granted in connection with the underlying invention. This transfer also includes my rights of priority in and to the underlying invention pursuant to the International Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, and in any patents on the underlying invention or improvements to the invention that may be granted in the United States or in any other country anywhere in the world.
4. Assignment of Causes of Action for Past Infringements. There is included in the assignments set out in Paragraphs 2 and 3 the right to bring suit in any court of competent jurisdiction to recover damages and profits for any past infringement of the Letters Patent. Any suit started by [name of company] pursuant to this Assignment may be brought in its name.
5. Term of Assignment. The Letters Patent and other rights assigned by this Instrument are for the use and exploitation of [name of company], its successors, and assigns to the end of the term for which the Letters Patent are granted or for which any reissue or extension of the Letters Patent are granted. They may be used and exploited as fully as I may have used and exploited them had I not made this Assignment.
6. Assignor's Representations and Warranties. I represent and warrant that I have not granted or assigned and will not grant or assign any rights or interests inconsistent with those assigned by this Instrument.
7. Assignor to Execute Other Instruments. I bind myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, and personal representatives to execute any writings or instruments and perform any acts that [name of company] deems necessary to carry out this Assignment.
This Section for Notary:
STATE OF -------)
) ss: [date]
COUNTY OF ------)
On [Date] before me, [Name of Notary], notary, personally appeared [Name of Person(s) Involved], personally known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.
Witness my hand and official seal.
[Name of Notary Public]
My commission expires: [date]