“Help us to stay online by your kind donation.
Every penny will help.”
Submission Of Construction Contract Claims To Arbitration
1. Parties. The undersigned are parties to a construction contract (Construction Contract) dated [date] between [name] of [address], as owner, and [name], having principal office at [address], as Contractor.
2. Dispute. A dispute has arisen concerning the construction of the [nature of construction project] under the Construction Contract. The parties wish to submit this dispute to arbitration pursuant to this Agreement.
3. Agreement to Arbitrate. The matters enumerated in Paragraph 4 are submitted to arbitration in [county, state], in accordance with the Construction Industry Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then in effect.
4. Matters Submitted to Arbitration. The following disputes concerning the Construction Contract are submitted to arbitration:
[nature of the dispute]
a. Whether Contractor failed to provide materials of the quality required under the Construction Contract;
b. Whether the Contractor failed to perform the work required under the Construction Contract in accordance with the standard of skill and care employed by qualified contractors in [county, state];
c. The damages, if any, that Contractor must pay to Owner due to breach of the Construction Contract.]
Within [number] days of the execution of this Agreement, each of the parties shall provide to the other, and to the Arbitrator, a statement of the specific claims that each party has against the other party relating to these disputes.
5. Final Award. The decision rendered by the Arbitrator under this agreement is final and binding on the parties. Judgment may be entered on the Arbitrator's decision in any court having competent jurisdiction.
*** If Required By State Law ***
This Section for Notary:
STATE OF -------)
) ss: [date]
COUNTY OF ------)
On [Date] before me, [Name of Notary], notary, personally appeared [Name of Person(s) Involved], personally known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.
Witness my hand and official seal.
[Name of Notary Public]
My commission expires: [date]