“Help us to stay online by your kind donation.
Every penny will help.”
Apartment Lease Fully Furnished
Agreement between [name] of [address] (Landlord), and [name] of [address] (Tenant), made [date].
1. Agreement to Lease.Landlord agrees to lease to Tenant, and Tenant agrees to lease from Landlord, the Premises on the terms and conditions stated in this Lease.
2. Premises.The premises leased are located at [address] (Premises).
3. Term.The term of this Lease begins on [date] and ends [date] (Term).
4. Rent.Tenant will pay Landlord, without demand, an annual rent of ---------- dollars ($----------).Such rent is payable monthly in advance on the first day of each month during the Term, in monthly installments of ---------- dollars ($----------), at Landlord's address stated above (or at such other address as Landlord may require). However, the first month's rent is payable when Tenant signs this Lease.
5. Additional Rent. Tenant may be required, under this Lease, to pay additional sums to Landlord. Any such sums are additional rent under this Lease. All additional rent is to be paid together with the next monthly installment of rent payable under this Lease. If Tenant does not pay additional rent when due, Landlord has the same rights against Tenant as if Tenant had failed to pay the rent.
6. Use of Premises. The Premises may be used as a single family residence only.Only Tenant and Tenant's immediate family may occupy the Premises.
7. Landlord's Failure to Give Possession. Landlord is not liable to Tenant if Landlord fails to give Tenant possession of the Premises on the commencement date of this Lease. However, if Landlord is unable to give Tenant possession, rent shall begin to be payable only from and after the date Tenant is given possession of the Premises. In such event, the end of the Term will not change.
8. Security. Tenant has deposited ---------- dollars ($----------) with Landlord as security for Tenant's obligations in this Lease. If Tenant does not comply with all the terms of this Lease, Landlord may use the Security Deposit to pay any sum payable by Tenant and to reimburse Landlord for any damages and costs arising by Tenant's default, under this Lease. Landlord will give Tenant written notice of such use of all or any part of the Security Deposit. On receipt of such notice, Tenant will immediately pay to Landlord an amount sufficient to restore the Security Deposit in full.
After the end of the Term or earlier termination of this Lease, if Tenant has performed all of the terms and conditions of this Lease, Landlord will return such Security Deposit (or any remaining portion not used by Landlord in accordance with this Paragraph 8) to Tenant, without interest.
If Landlord sells the Premises, Landlord may transfer the Security Deposit to the purchaser. Thereafter, only such purchaser will be liable to return the Security Deposit to Tenant, under the terms of this Lease.
9. Utilities. Tenant is responsible for making arrangements for, and paying when billed, all utility and other services for the Premises, including electricity, gas, fuel oil, water, and gardening, except [utilities], for which Landlord will be responsible for payment.
10. Condition of Furniture and Furnishings. The furniture and other furnishing, appliances, equipment, and other personal property located on the Premises are accepted by Tenant "as is."
11. Condition of the Premises. Tenant has inspected the Premises, including the grounds and building, acknowledges that it is in good order and repair, and accepts it "as is."
12. Repairs. Tenant must keep the Premises, including the grounds, and all appliances, equipment, furniture, furnishings, and other personal property clean and in good repair. In the event of a default by Tenant, Landlord may make the necessary repairs and charge the cost of such repairs to Tenant as additional rent under this Lease.
13. Alterations. Tenant may not alter or decorate the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord in each instance. All alterations made by Tenant shall, unless Landlord requests removal, become Landlord's property and remain on the Premises at the termination of this Lease without any compensation to Tenant.If Landlord demands or permits removal, Tenant will put that part of the Premises into the same condition as existed prior to the alteration.
14. Fire and Casualty.In the event of fire or other damage to the Premises, Tenant will immediately notify Landlord.
a. If the Premises are only partially damaged and are inhabitable and Landlord makes full repairs within [number] days, this Lease shall continue without abatement or apportionment of rent; but
b. If the Premises are rendered uninhabitable, continued occupancy would be illegal, or Landlord cannot or does not repair within [number] days, Tenant may immediately vacate the Premises and notify Landlord in writing within [number] days after vacating of Tenant's intent to terminate, in which case, this Lease shall terminate as of the date of vacating, and all prepaid rent and unapplied Security Deposit shall be returned to Tenant.
15. Liability. Landlord is not liable for any loss, damage, or expense suffered by any person on or about the Premises, except that which is caused by Landlord's negligence. If Landlord incurs any damage or expense due to any such claim, other than a claim arising from Landlord's negligence, Tenant will reimburse Landlord for such damage or expense, as additional rent under this Lease.
16. Assignment and Subleasing. Tenant may not assign this Lease, sublet all or any part of the Premises, or allow any other person to occupy the Premises.
17. Insurance Requirements. Tenant agrees not to do anything that will increase the insurance premiums payable with respect to the Premises, and, if any insurance company insuring the Premises does increase its premium due to Tenant's actions or use, Tenant will pay such additional premium, as additional rent under this Lease.
18. Right of Entry. Landlord may enter the Premises at reasonable times in order to examine the Premises or make repairs or alterations. In the event of an actual or apparent emergency, Landlord may enter the Premises at any time without notice. Tenant will not change any lock or install additional locks without Landlord's prior written consent and without providing Landlord a copy of all keys.
19. Future Tenants and Purchasers.During the last [number] months of the Term, Landlord may enter the Premises at reasonable times to show the Premises to possible tenants, purchasers, and lenders, and may display "FOR SALE" or "FOR RENT" signs on the Premises.
20. Subordination. This Lease and Tenant's rights under it are subject and subordinate to all existing and future (a) mortgages on the Premises and (b) leases of the land underlying the Premises, if any (including any renewals, extensions, and modifications of such mortgages and leases). Tenant will execute and deliver immediately upon demand any certificate(s) Landlord may require to evidence such subordination.
21. Eminent Domain Proceedings.
a. Entire Premises.If all or almost all of the Premises are condemned by any governmental authority, this Lease and Tenant's rights and obligations under it will terminate as of the date such governmental authority takes title.
b. Part of Premises. If part of the Premises is condemned by any governmental authority, Landlord may, at Landlord's option (to be exercised with reasonable promptness), terminate this Lease on [number] days' prior written notice to Tenant. If Landlord cancels this Lease, Tenant's rights and obligations under it will terminate as of the termination date contained in Landlord's notice.Tenant will pay all rent due under this Lease until such termination date, without reduction or abatement. If Landlord does not cancel this Lease, the rent payable from and after the date title vests in such governmental authority will be prorated to encompass the portion of the Premises not taken or condemned.
22. Notices. All notices under this Lease must be in writing and either delivered personally or mailed by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, to the address of Landlord, or if sent to Tenant to the address of the Premises (or at such other address as Landlord may designate by notice to Tenant).
23. Default and Remedies.
a. Notice of Default. Landlord agrees to provide [number] days' written notice to Tenant to correct any default under this Lease, other than a failure to pay rent or additional rent.
b. Termination of Lease. If Tenant fails to correct any default, other than a failure to pay rent or additional rent, within such [number] day period, or if Tenant fails to pay rent or additional rent provided for in this Lease on its due date plus a grace period of [number] days, then Landlord may cancel this Lease by [number] days' prior written notice to Tenant. On the date stated in Landlord's notice, this Lease and Tenant's rights under this Lease will terminate, and Tenant must surrender the Premises. Tenant remains liable, after such termination, for rent, additional rent, costs, and damages provided in this Lease.
c. Rent for Unexpired Term. If this Lease is terminated due to Tenant's default, all rent and additional rent payable by Tenant during the entire Term as provided in this Lease becomes immediately due and fully payable. Landlord may thereafter lease the Premises to another tenant for any term and at any rent.Tenant is responsible for all costs incurred by Landlord in reletting the Premises (including attorney fees, advertising expenses, and repairs). Any rent received by Landlord from a new tenant will reduce Tenant's liability for unpaid rent.
d. Other Remedies. If this Lease is terminated due to Tenant's default, Landlord may, in addition to any other rights and remedies available to Landlord, (i) enter the Premises and have Tenant and Tenant's property removed and (ii) use any dispossess, eviction, and similar legal proceedings available.
24. Curing Tenant's Defaults. If Tenant does not correct a default after [number] days' notice by Landlord, Landlord may remedy such default on behalf of Tenant, and any costs incurred by Landlord will be payable by Tenant, as additional rent under this Lease.
25. Surrender. At the end of the Term or earlier termination of this Lease, Tenant will quit and surrender the Premises in as good order and condition as on the commencement date of this Lease, except for ordinary wear and tear and damage by the elements.
26. Rules. Attached to this Lease are written rules [omitted] regarding Tenant's use and care of the Premises and appliances, equipment, furniture, furnishings, and other personal property located on the Premises.Tenant agrees to comply strictly with such rules.
27. Quiet Enjoyment. If Tenant is not in default under this Lease, Tenant may peaceably and quietly enjoy the Premises during the Term.
28. No Waiver. If Landlord fails to enforce any provision of this Lease, Landlord is not deemed to waive such provision and is not prevented from enforcing such provision thereafter.
29. Separability. If any part of this Lease is invalid or unenforceable, the balance of this Lease shall remain effective, absent such provision.
30. Successors. This Lease is binding on all persons who may succeed to the rights of Landlord or Tenant, including heirs, executors, and purchasers, as applicable.
31. Merger. This Lease represents the entire agreement between Landlord and Tenant. Landlord has made no representations other than those contained in this Lease.
32. Amendments. No change in this Lease shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by both Landlord and Tenant.
33. Powers of Landlord's Agent. All rights and remedies of Landlord under this Lease or at law may be exercised by Landlord or by Landlord's agent in Landlord's name.
*** If Required By State Law ***
This Section for Notary:
State of _________
County of ________ [COUNTY]
On [DATE] before me, [NAME OF NOTARY], notary, personally appeared [NAME OF PERSON(S) INVOLVED], personally known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.
Witness my hand and official seal.
My commission expires: _____