“Help us to stay online by your kind donation.
Every penny will help.”
Application Release For Flame Room
(It seems prudent to only let those into a "flame room" upon their giving a written acknowledgment of the fact that this is what they are going into, and is designed to stop persons going into a flame room and then wanting to sue when they get flamed.)
APPLICATION FOR ACCESS TO FLAME ROOM FOR THE Friendly BBS
Date of birth: ______________
Driver's license: _______________________
State of issuance: ____________
Place of employment: _____________________
Phone number (work): _____________________
Phone number (home): _____________________
(The above applicant will be referred to as "USER")
Conditions of access to FLAME section:
(The term FLAME is a generic term describing message traffic consisting in whole or in part of rude or insulting language and ad hominem reply to discussions. The purpose of a FLAME room is to allow such persons as want to hurl invective and hurtful slurs to do so with no limits, and, further, to allow those persons who do not want to read such traffic to avoid it.)
(The term "traffic" refers to messages, files or other data transfers occurring in the flame room.)
The FLAME section may contain profanity, unflattering remarks, and but for their appearance in the FLAME area, defamatory remarks. Accordingly those who do not desire to participate in such dialog should not apply to enter the flame room.
Accordingly, the USER agrees:
1) The BBS will not grant FLAME ROOM access to any person below the age of 18, and, may refuse access to any person who cannot be verified as to age.
2) That USER will not share their password and other access information, and will take reasonable steps to insure that their password cannot be found by other users of their computer. If a family or other group uses the same computer, the BBS will provide a separate password for adult users who are signatories to an application and for under age applicants.
3) The USER will indemnify the BBS system from any and all claims related to all traffic USER downloads or uploads from or to the BBS.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE GRANTING OF ACCESS TO THE AREA, USER and USER's HEIRS AND ASSIGNS RELEASE BBS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR DEFAMATION OR OTHER TORT RELATED TO DISCUSSIONS OCCURRING IN THE FLAME ROOM. THIS RELEASE APPLIES BOTH TO THE BBS OPERATORS AND EMPLOYEES, AS WELL AS TO OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN THE FLAME ROOM.
4) That USER will not reveal the contents of material located in the flame room. The USER agrees to indemnify BBS from any liability or claim related to any traffic from the flame room which is further disclosed in violation of this agreement. Such indemnity shall also include all legal fees and expenses of the BBS.
5) The BBS may bar a USER from the system for violation of these rules. The BBS and its employees will not arbitrate or intervene in any disputes related to traffic in the flame room.
6) The BBS may discontinue offering a flame room at any time.