Help us to continue by your kind donation.
Distributor Agreement Non Exclusive
This Agreement, effective the ________ day of _________, 20 __, is entered into between ________ (Name) of ________ (Address), hereinafter referred to as "Distributor", and ________ (Name), a company or other entity having its principal place of business at ________ (Address) hereinafter referred to as "Manufacturer."
Agreement is as follows:
01. Manufacturer produces products in the following areas: (Describe)
02. Distributor shall purchase an initial inventory from Manufacturer as described in the attached Exhibit "A."
03. The initial inventory shall be paid for on the following terms: (Terms)
04. The Distributor shall have the ________ (Exclusive/Non-Exclusive) right to sell the products of Manufacturer in the following geographic area:
05. Manufacturer shall refer all sales prospects and orders it receives that are within the Distributor'S exclusive area to Distributor.
06. Distributor shall maintain adequate facilities to provide after sale service to the purchasers of the products sold. This shall include a requirement to provide adequate staff and maintain an inventory of replacement parts.
07. Service within any warranty provided by Manufacturer shall be reimbursed to Distributor at:
08. Manufacturer, shall in its discretion determine if service is within warranty or not, and shall accordingly reimburse the Distributor.
09. The Distributor shall either user advertising materials prepared by the Manufacturer or shall submit the same for prior approval to the Manufacturer.
10. Distributor shall take all reasonable steps to protect the trademarks and other intellectual property rights of the Manufacturer.
11. The initial term of this distributorship shall be _____ months. The distributorship shall be renewed at the termination of each period, unless (14) days notice are given of non-renewal.
12. The Manufacturer may cancel the agreement for cause upon ( 30 ) days notice to the Distributor.
13. Upon termination of the agreement, the Manufacturer shall have the first option to purchase the remaining inventory of Distributor at cost. In addition, Distributor shall cease to use any tradenames, trademarks, or promotional items provided by the Manufacturer.
14. Any disputes arising out of this agreement shall be arbitrated under the rules established by the American Arbitration Association before a single arbiter. The decision of the arbiter shall be final and may be entered as a judgment by either party in any competent court of law.
15. The distributor shall not distribute or represent any direct competitor of the Manufacturer for a period of ___ days after termination of this agreement.
16. Distributor shall not sell products manufactured by any direct competitor to Manufacturer without prior written authority from Manufacturer.
17. Amendment. This Agreement may be modified or amended, if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both parties.
18. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid or enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
19. Waiver of contractual right. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
20. No representations. Neither party has made any representations nor promises, other than those contained in this agreement or in some further writing signed by the party making the representation or promise.
21. Interpretation. This Agreement will in all events be construed as a whole, according to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against a party merely because that party (or the party's legal counsel) drafted the Agreement. The headings, captions, and titles in this legal Agreement are merely for reference and do not define, limit, extend, or describe the scope of this Agreement or any provision herein. Unless the context requires otherwise, (a) the gender (or lack of gender) of all words used in this Agreement includes the masculine, feminine, and neuter, and (b) the word including means including without limitation.
22. Advice of Legal Counsel. Each individual party to this Agreement represents and warrants to each other party that such party has read and fully understands the terms and provisions hereof, has had an opportunity to review this Agreement with legal counsel, and has executed this Agreement based upon such party's own judgment and advice of independent legal counsel.
23. Invalid Provisions. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable under any present or future law, then that provision will be fully severable. This Agreement will be construed and enforced as if the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part of this Agreement, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and will not be affected by the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or by its severance from this Agreement. Furthermore, in lieu of each such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision, there will be added automatically, as a part of this Agreement, a provision as similar in terms to such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision as may be possible and be legal, valid and enforceable.
24. Notices. Any notice to be given or to be served upon any party hereto must be in writing and may be given by certified or registered mail, but shall be deemed to have been given and received when a certified or registered letter containing such notice, properly addressed with postage prepaid, is deposited in the United States Postal Service. If notice is given in some manner other than by certified or registered mail, it shall be deemed to have been given when delivered to and received by the party to whom it is addressed, Such notices shall be given to the parties hereto at the following addresses:
If to the Manufacturer:
[city, state, zip]
If to the Distributor:
[city, state, zip]
Any party hereto may change its address for purposes of this paragraph by written notice given in the manner provided above.
25. Further Assurances. In connection with this Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby, each party to this Agreement will execute and deliver any additional documents and perform any additional acts that may be necessary or appropriate to effectuate and perform its obligations under this Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby.
26. Entire Agreement. This agreement, in its entirety, contains the full understanding of the parties. It may not be changed orally but only by an instrument in writing signed by the party against whom enforcement of any change, extension, modification, waiver or discharge is sought.
27. Governing Law. This Assignment shall be governed, construed and interpreted by, through and under the laws of the State of ________.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this instrument to be executed in triplicate on the day and year first above written.