“Help us to stay online by your kind donation.
Every penny will help.”
Boat Bill of Sale
01. Introduction. This Boat Bill of Sale made [Date] between [Name], with principal offices at [Address] (Seller), and [Name], with principal offices at [Address] (Buyer), for the sale and delivery of a used boat.
02. Description of Boat. Seller will sell and deliver to Buyer a boat described as follows: [Manufacturer, model, year, serial number].
The boat will be equipped with [Number and Type] engines and other equipment now on such boat, except [specify equipment].
03. Purchase Price. The purchase price is ---------- dollars ($----------), payable in full upon delivery of the boat, by cashier check drawn upon a local bank.
04. Seller's Representations and Warranties. Seller makes the following representations and warranties, which shall survive the closing of the sale:
[fully describe details of boat and terms & conditions]
a. Seller Is Sole Owner. Seller is the sole owner of the boat and has full right and power to sell and transfer it.
b. No Liens, Caveats or Encumbrances. The boat is free from any security interest or other lien or encumbrance.
c. Suits, Judgments, Etc. No judgments exist against Seller nor are there any executions, attachments, or replevins outstanding against Seller.
05. Interpretation. This Boat Bill Of Sale will in all events be construed as a whole, according to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against a party merely because that party (or the party's legal counsel) drafted the Boat Bill Of Sale. The headings, captions, and titles in this Boat Bill Of Sale are merely for reference and do not define, limit, extend, or describe the scope of this Boat Bill Of Sale or any provision herein. Unless the context requires otherwise, (a) the gender (or lack of gender) of all words used in this Bill Of Sale includes the masculine, feminine, and neuter, and (b) the word including means including without limitation.
06. Notices. Any notice to be given or to be served upon any party hereto must be in writing and may be given by certified or registered mail, but shall be deemed to have been given and received when a certified or registered letter containing such notice, properly addressed with postage prepaid, is deposited with the United States Postal Service. If notice is given in some manner other than by certified or registered mail, it shall be deemed to have been given when delivered to and received by the party to whom it is addressed, such notices shall be given to the parties hereto at the following addresses:
If to the [Seller]:
[City, State, Zip]
If to the [Buyer]:
[City, State, Zip]
07. All such notices and communications shall be deemed to have been duly given when delivered by hand, if personally delivered; three [--] business days after deposit in U.S. Mail, postage prepaid, if mailed; when answered back, if faxed; and when receipt is acknowledge. Any party hereto may change its address for purposes of this paragraph by written notice given in the manner provided above.
08. Unenforceable Terms. Any provision hereof prohibited or unenforceable under any applicable law of any jurisdiction shall as to such jurisdiction be ineffective without affecting any other provision of this Bill of Sale. To the full extent, however, that the provisions of such applicable law may be waived, they are hereby waived to the end that this Bill of Sale be deemed to be a valid and binding Bill of Sale enforceable in accordance with its terms.
09. Execution In Counterparts. This Boat Bill of Sale may be executed in several counterparts and when so executed shall constitute shall constitute one Boat Bill of Sale binding on all the parties, notwithstanding that all the parties are not signatory to the original and same counterpart.
10. No Representations. Neither party has made any representations nor promises, other than those contained in this Boat Bill of Sale or in some further writing signed by the party making the representation or promise.
11. Further Assurances. In connection with this Boat Bill of Sale and the transactions contemplated hereby, each party to this Boat Bill Of Sale will execute and deliver any additional documents and perform any additional acts that may be necessary or appropriate to effectuate and perform its obligations under this Bill Of Sale and the transactions contemplated hereby.
Seller is not a defendant or respondent in any action or proceeding.
No petition in bankruptcy or for an arrangement of creditors has been filed by or against Seller nor has Seller taken advantage of any insolvency laws.
d. Condition of boat. Seller specifically disclaims any warranties as to the physical and mechanical condition of the boat.
Buyer acknowledges inspecting the boat and is purchasing it "as is." Seller will maintain the boat in its present condition, reasonable wear and tear excepted, until it is delivered to Buyer. Seller has owned the boat since [date].
12. Delivery of boat. The boat will be delivered to Buyer at [address], on [date].
At the time of delivery, Seller will execute all forms needed to transfer ownership of the boat in conformity with the applicable requirements of the (Name of State Marine Authority) department of __________________.